Re: [debian-knoppix] KDE 3.1.1a WAS: OpenSSL 0.9.7b

On Sat, Apr 19, 2003 at 04:29:10PM -0400, Gilles Pelletier said:

> As a relative newbie, I've got a hard time understanding what's going
> on. What good is it to use unstable if it's only to get the patches
> weeks after stable?

"Stable" is intended to be stable and secure first and foremost.
"Unstable" is intended to be cutting-edge first and foremost.

If you're looking for security, don't run Unstable.  It just so happens
that it usually gets the security fixes quickly since it gets EVERYTHING
quickly, but that's not always the case.  It also gets the latest
features quickly, and that's where all the undiscovered bugs are.

--
Shawn McMahon     | Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill,
EIV Consulting    | that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any