[debian-knoppix] Problem with pseudo terminal on X and other question... [continue]

Well, it just mounts all partitions read-only and searches for a file
named KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX. Same method for CD-Roms as for harddisks.
Yeah, well, what I don't understand is that when I type "mount" the system displays:

/dev/cdrom on /cdrom type iso9660 (ro)
/dev/cloop on /KNOPPIX type iso9660 (ro)

And /dev/cdrom is a symlink to /dev/scd0, so my question about all this are:
1) how is it possible that the system show /dev/cloop mounted when it never finds the KNOPPIX image on the source installation of the system, and for that reason, the cloop module is never loaded with the image?
2) the cdrom I think that I can understand that but I want to know if I'm not wrong on that, does the ide-scsi option makes the particion where the system founds the KNOPPIX directory the first scsi CD /dev/scd0 available?

Don't know, maybe you mounted something with -o nodev, or
no pts-filesystem is mounted at all?
I'm not sure about this, when I type "mount" it shows:

/dev/root on / type ext2 (rw)
/dev/cdrom on /cdrom type iso9660 (ro)
/dev/cloop on /KNOPPIX type iso9660 (ro)
/dev/shm on /ramdisk type tmpfs (rw,size=408084k)
usb on /proc/bus/usb type usbdevfs (rw,devmode=0666)
automount(pid329) on /mnt/auto type autofs (rw,fd=6,pgrp=329,minproto=2,maxproto=4)

So I guess that everything should be fine. How do I know if the pts-filesystem is mounted?.

Anyway of all this, let me tell you the last thing that I tested to try to fix the problem.

I make a new fresh installation to see if someting that I touch in the other one was broking something. I did the installation by following the Remastering HOWTO that is:

mount -ro /dev/hda2 /mnt/hda2
mkdir /mnt/hda2/KNOPPIX
cp -Rp /KNOPPIX/* /mnt/hda2/KNOPPIX
umount /mnt/hda2
reboot

Then I booted the new fresh installation without any modification with a floppy using the boot.img from the CD. It boot fine, started the xsession but again the same problem with the terminals on X. This are the error with eacho on ethat I test:

konsole throws:

Can't open pseudo teletype

xterm throws:

xterm: Error 32, errno 2: No such file or directory
Reason: get_pty: not enough ptys.

rxvt throws:

rxvt: can't open pseudo-tty
rxvt: aborting

So, as you can see, I just copy all the Knoppix filesystem to the hard drive and didn't touch anything, just booted it using the floppy and it still has the same problem.
I'm really clueless about this, I'll try to search the web to see if I can find the problem but if you have any suggestion or know how to fix it I'll really appreciate it :-)

Thanks for all.
Ernesto**