Re: [debian-knoppix] questions / suggestions

Below is the rc.local file I use on my laptop, when it is booted into RH
8: (the key has been changed to protect the guilty as have the essid's)
I think the people at essid2 are only running 64 bit, and the phrase
method works.  I'm running 128 bit, and had problems getting the phrase
to work, so I tried entering the numbers and it worked.

Is there some way that this can be intergrated into Knoppix?

The ifconfig is checking for the mac address of my wireless card.  Maybe
use a variable for it.  The iwgetid is looking for the essid from the
AP.  Maybe use a variable name for it too.

#!/bin/sh
if (ifconfig | grep "00:06:25:16:04:E7") then
   if (iwgetid eth0 | grep "essid1") then
     iwconfig eth0 key 1234-1234-1234-1234-1234-1234-12
     dhclient
   elif
    (iwgetid eth0 | grep "essid2") then
     iwconfig eth0 key s:keyphrase