Re: [debian-knoppix] Problem to mount ext3

Hi Ulrich,

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 23:37:17 +0100, Ulrich Hermann wrote:

> I am try to change my filesystem from ext2 to ext3. I did this already many
> times with my Debian systems. I used tune2fs -j /dev/hda6 and then I changed
> the fstab to ext3. But with knoppix I got during booting the following
> message:
>
> EXT2-fs warning (device ide0(3,6)): ext2_read_super: mounting ext3 filesystem
> as ext2

This is because ext2 is compiled into the kernel and ext3 is loaded as
a module. You need an initial ramdisk which loads the ext3 module,
mounts the root filesystem with type ext3 and does a pivot_root call.
Look at the knx-hdinstall script for hints how to build such a ramdisk.

bye,
  Chris
--
Christian Perle                                   perle@itm.tu-clausthal.de