Re: [debian-knoppix] KNewsTicker

Hallo Bernd,

> Hi everyone,
>
> I installed Knoppix 3.2 a few days ago and I must say I'm quite
> impressed. Everything works fine. I'm used to SuSE-Linux with the
> disadvantage that I have to pay for a distribution upgrade.
>
> I'm missing some KDE-application for instance "KNewsTicker". Does
> anybody know how to install it under knoppix/debian? A simply "apt-get
> install knewsticker" doesn't work due to dependency errors.
>
> SuSE users are used to the big administration tool "YaST". Is there
> anything comparable for knoppix?

There is no yast, like in suse there is no old yast any more:-((
So I changed to debian:-)))

No, but you can install webmin* . The star means several modules that
can be installed to do various tasks. I have had a look at it, it looks
nice and is accessable with a webbrowser. But I am not using it, to be
honest.

That all applies to a hd installed version, of course:-)

greetings

Achim