[debian-knoppix] Re: Analyzing Knoppix extra stuff (Was: knoppix/bootcd like software?)

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, sean finney wrote:

> have you looked into busybox?  i think it may be a *little* bigger though.
> otherwise, we should rename it and update the description so it will
> be very clear.  also, we can send a patch to the upstream as well, and
> see what they think of having a builtin mount...  also, are there
> any other alternatives?  i think
I hope.  But this is really outside of my field of interest / knowledge.

> the less stuff we have patched the better.
This should be the real basic motto of this effort.

> and it's not in the knoppix kernel because of size issues?  either way,
> good to know.  i'll throw a note in the package audit file for lack of
> a better place, just to make sure that we don't let this one bite us
> in the ass a little later.
Thanks for maintaining this resource.

> i think this would make a great debian package if it could be abstracted
> away from knoppix.  i've had to set up my own tftpd/rarpd boot servers in
> the past.  real headaches.
While I had not trouble in setting up TFTP to install my Sparc I admit that
it would be a real profit to have such an abstracted package which perhaps
might be adapted to Knoppix via some configuration stuff.

Kind regards

        Andreas.