Re: [debian-knoppix] free space on Knoppix

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 12:39:22AM +0100, Michael Bramer wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 11:04:40PM +0100, Cyril Chaboisseau wrote:
> > - deletion of all developement libraries (dpkg -P lib*-dev)
> >   (maybe we could consider keeping libc6-dev)
>
> after this you can't build any software with a knoppix...

True, and I really DO need m,ost of the development libraries present on
the current edition in order to teach programming languages.

> > - strip all exec. and find dupes (with fdupes which would also be nice
> >   to include)
> >   the gain here would most probably be unoticeable but still...
>
> all binarys should be strip already, not?

Usually they are, in Debian. I had to strip some of the early XFree86
-pre packages manually with --strip-unneeded, but currently there should
be no unstripped binaries/libs left.

Regards
-Klaus