Re: [debian-knoppix] free space on Knoppix

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 11:04:40PM +0100, Cyril Chaboisseau wrote:
> - deletion of all developement libraries (dpkg -P lib*-dev)
>   (maybe we could consider keeping libc6-dev)

after this you can't build any software with a knoppix...

> - same for docs (*-doc) and /usr/share/doc/ -> 169MB for the latter

sometimes you need to read some programs, if you use some programs from
the knoppix...

> - strip all exec. and find dupes (with fdupes which would also be nice
>   to include)
>   the gain here would most probably be unoticeable but still...

all binarys should be strip already, not?

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  -  a Debian Linux Developer      http://www.debsupport.de
»Heute ein König - Morgen eine Schnapsleiche«