Re: Fwd: [debian-knoppix] hd corruption

I don't know if this helps anyone, but I just suffered
a partition table corruption after runing lilo. Very
scary seek errors and the whole bit. So I went to bed
and thought about it, then realized all I have to to
was rewrite the partition table. It turned out to be
very easy I just booted with knoppix, ran sfdisk -l to
confirm the problem. Yup, all the partition table
entries where missalined, but sfdisk could also tell
what the correct values should be. So I ran cfdisk and
rewrote the partition table, problem fixed.

I have no idea how this happened, but I am glad I
followed by better instinks and didn't do anything
until I knew how to fix it.

-good luck with your problem

-tim

--- North London John <northlondonjohn@yahoo.co.uk>