Re: [debian-knoppix] include adslconfig tool in Knoppix ?

#include <hallo.h>
* Florent BERANGER [Thu, Jan 23 2003, 09:15:36PM]:

> > Sorry, I had a quit look on your script and there are still problems:
> >
> >  - where is this speedtouchconfig tool you mentioned?
>
> speedtouchconfig is a function !!! See the entire code please.

Sorry, I overlooked it.

> >   not in this package
>
> What ???

speedtouchconfig, see above.

> > included
> >
> > Exactly. Impossible. Read the LICENSE:
> >
> > 3. Limitations on Duplication. The Developer will not make any copies of the
> >
> >   Software or the Documentation; provided, however, that the Developer may
> >   make one complete copy of the Software or the Documentation solely for
> >   backup purposes if such copy of the Software or Documentation contains the
> >

> > If, and only if they would allow to distribute the tarball
> > (encapsulated into a Debian package), I could imagine that we could
> > put this package into Debian/non-free with a postinst script that only
> > extracts the needed firmware and maybe some documentation from the
> > tarball.

> > eciadsl

> The user have to have the deb file to make it works. After search, this deb
> file cannot be included in Knoppix (but the script & speedtouch drivers ->
> yes).

No. Both have firmware files with unclear license, or require that
firmware file from the net wich is only available with an ugly license.
A Debian/Knoppix package is not possible in such circumstances.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
Was man nicht begreift, verlernt man nie!