Re: [debian-knoppix] Unfreie Pakete

Hi Bernhard,

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 05:35:59PM +0100, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Hello Klaus,
> (I think the list switched to English meanwhile).

Yes, for the most common stuff. Still, if someone does not know english
well enough to explain a problem or solution, it should be possible
to ask and answer in different language.

> Coming back to a discussion we had some time ago
> about the need for a version of Knoppix
> being completely based on Free Software.

A very good idea, I think, but I still prefer to be able to use
other
non-free-but-freely-distributable-for-commercial-and-noncommercial-use
programs as well, if they provide functionality that is not yet
available in Free Software products, if the license is acceptable.

> We (Intevation) startet an effort to do this
> and have a version and a set of instructions on how do to this.
> It is not perfect yet, but a good start:
>
> You can get the instruction from CVS:
>
>   http://intevation.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs-misc.cgi/freie_software_knoppix/
>   or
>   CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous@cvs.intevation.de:/home/misc/jail/miscrepository
>   No password needed. Module: freie_software_knoppix

OpenOffice is missing in your list of programs to remove for a
"completeley Free Software" CD, for the same reason you recommended
gimp-nonfree for removal. Possibly also KDE.

Could you explain why tgif is on the list of programs to remove?
tgif is in Debian main.

Regards
-Klaus