Re: [debian-knoppix] Removing OOo

On Wednesday 08 January 2003 12:30, Christian Perle wrote:
> Hi Aryan,
>
> On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 11:29:45 +0330, Aryan Ameri wrote:
> > I want to remaster knoppix, but I can't remove OpenOffice.org using
> > apt-get or dpkg. When I apt-get remove openoffice, I get an error message
> > telling me that OpenOffice isn't installed. Same result with dpkg and
> > other packaging softwares. How shall I remove it?
>
> apt-get remove openoffice-de-en

Well, Thanks Chris, I managed to remove OOo using apt-get, and remastered the
distro. Now, OOo entries in the K menu are (correctly) gone, but the one icon
on KDE Kicker (panel) remains there. Has anyone experienced changing kicker
icons ?

Also, I am thinking of upgrading KNOPPIX's KDE to KDE 3.1. Is it something
doable? Or will I end up in a mess? Are there any important things I should
keep in mind when doing so?

Cheers

--
 /*Tell the world that we're going to be the grim
* reaper of innocent orphaned children.