Re: [debian-knoppix] How to change Language settings

Hi Tim,

On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 16:37:10 -0800, Timothy Webster wrote:

> I have installed knoppix on my laptop, via the install
> script. Everything when well, my only complaint is it
> did not detect other bootable partitions and ask if I
> wanted to include them in lilo.

Detecting other bootable partitions is nearly impossible. So I won't
include this feature until I find an easy and safe way to do the
detection.

Once the partition is found, the entry in the /etc/lilo.conf file is
rather simple:

other=/dev/<detected_partition>
    label=Other_OS1

Knowing which partition to boot, you can easily do this by hand (don't
forget to run /sbin/lilo after changing /etc/lilo.conf).

I will not make any efforts to guess the specific windoze version
installed on that partition for selecting labels like "Win95" or "WinXP".
knx-hdinstall is a _Linux_ install tool, not a windoze detection tool.

The language setting for KDE is described in the slashdot article
mentioned by Fabian.

bye,
  Chris
--