Re: [debian-knoppix] adduser failure

Hi Hugh,

On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 20:19:25 -0400, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:

> The adduser command doesn't work.  The reason is simple: /etc/gshadow
> is a symlink to a file on a read-only file system.  I think that it is
> worth making this a writeable file in /etc so that adduser works.

If you are already using a script for calling adduser and starting ssh
daemon, you can also replace the /etc/gshadow symlink by
/KNOPPIX/etc/gshadow before calling adduser.

You can put a script named knoppix.sh in the /KNOPPIX directory on the
CD and modify syslinux.cfg on the boot floppy image boot.img (add boot
option "floppyconfig"). Then everything will start automatically at
Knoppix boot.

> PS: This is my first use of Knoppix.  Cute system!

Definitely.

BTW, greetings from Kai Martius :)

bye,
  Chris