Re: [debian-knoppix] Adding support for Turkish language?

Hello Klaus (and Christian),
Sorry for sending this "thanks" message late. Well,

I have to mention that the solution you preferred did
not work. But this is not about knoppix (using v3.0,
it is about KDE. More than one week I tried to fix
things but I could not, then I found a solution by a
The address for the script is

As you will see (if you have time) it corrects some
files by copying and makes some links in locale
directory. And it works. It is not for a debian system
(it queries rpm at the bottom), but it can be
corrected easily. It also enables turkish f keyboard

If you want to enable lang=tr option in v3.1 , I
strongly suggest these files.
If I can help you (knoppix),  please write.

PS: If possible, I want to distribute (this is my
dream) v3.1 (after some customizations about Turkish)
of knoppix in Turkey by a computer magazine. I know
about GPL. Is there any obligations that I must

--- Klaus Knopper <knopper@linuxtag.org> wrote:
> Hello Ahmet,
> On Sat, Jul 13, 2002 at 06:49:36AM -0700, Ahmet
> Mehmet wrote:
> > Thanks to everyone who makes this great system...
> >
> > I want to add support for Turkish in Knoppix
> (lang=tr :want to write in turkish by default
> primarily).
> >
> > There are two problems for me I think:
> >
> > 1- I managed to find some files about this but I
> am not sure. Is there a list of files for language
> customization (or is this a off-topic question)
> You just need to modify a single file:
> /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig.
> I added
> COUNTRY="tr"
> LANG="tr_TR"
> KEYTABLE="tr_q-latin5"
> CHARSET="iso8859-9"
> # Additional KDE Keyboards
> KDEKEYBOARDS="us,de,fr"
> to the next release which should be available soon.
> I was guessing those values. Please let me know if
> anything
> is wrong.
> Regards
> -Klaus