Re: [debian-knoppix] Knoppix Suggestions

> I primarily use the Knoppix CD from my notebook to perform various forms
of
> security scanning and testing.  Newer notebooks, like mine, do not ship
with
> a floppy drive and when they do it's expected to swap out with the CDROM
> drive.  This prevents me from easily saving configuration information or
> testing and scan results.  I have considered purchasing a 64MB or 128MB
USB
> storage device.

Brian, why don't you copy the KNOPPIX directory on you laptop hard driver.
Then you can boot from a floppy, no need for CD anymore.
If you want to save your stuff, you can remount in rw or use a floppy.

> 2.  Is it possible to prevent Knoppix from mounting any local drives in
> write mode by default?

It's already there, but maybe not for swap.

David GLAUDE