Re: Asahi Linux Support - any plans?

The patches are being put upstream by developers far better than me -
but it will take time.
I just had a painful time trying to trim down the patchset but it's
not likely to be below 100 for a while yet.
The Asahi team are doing a good job of keeping them rebased onto the
latest kernel and I'm using
debian bookworm + Asahi kernel on an M1 MacBook Air very nicely as my
work and general machine.

I was thinking if it is fairly easy to build a "feature-set" for M1/M2
that is pretty functional - it would allow the
work to progress on getting the debian installer working for it for
bookworm. The initial installing part is quite complex
as there is no way around booting into apple's recovery mode to set up
the boot stub.
Once that is done then you can build and install Asahi kernels
packages as normal:

make -j 8 bindeb-pkgdpkg -i
../linux-image-5.19.0-asahi-00001-gddbaa60fc907_5.19.0-asahi-00001-gddbaa60fc907-9_arm64.deb

No need to touch the installer again

If the bookworm debian installer supports apple M1 it will be really
useful to many people.

Andrew