Re: Asahi Linux Support - any plans?

I believe the Asahi team has them all submitted via the various relevant maintainers
and they are working their way through the groups. Some patches make significant
changes and there is obviously discussion about whether they need to be reworked
before being passed up.

That said there was this recently on the 5.19 kernel release from Linus Torvalds...

https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/CAHk-=wgrz5BBk=rCz7W28Fj_o02s0Xi0OEQ3H1uQgOdFvHgx0w@mail.gmail.com/T/#u

"...
On a personal note, the most interesting part here is that I did the
release (and am writing this) on an arm64 laptop. It's something I've
been waiting for for a _loong_ time, and it's finally reality, thanks
to the Asahi team. We've had arm64 hardware around running Linux for a
long time, but none of it has really been usable as a development
platform until now.
..."

On Fri, 5 Aug 2022 at 16:06, Marc Haber <mh+debian-kernel@zugschlus.de> wrote:
On Fri, Aug 05, 2022 at 11:36:40AM +1000, Andrew Worsley wrote:
> Thanks Diederik, so I'm guessing 173 is way too much but a lot of it might
> not
> be critical to something running on the M1 (versus M2).
>
> If I was to find a smaller set of say 10 patches to 5.19 that booted a
> usable
> system would I be able to submit those patches some where for building
> (arm64 of course)?

Is there any reason why you don't take those patches upstream where they
belong?

Greetings
Marc

Marc Haber         | "I don't trust Computers. They | Mailadresse im Header
Leimen, Germany    |  lose things."    Winona Ryder | Fon: *49 6224 1600402
Nordisch by Nature |  How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 6224 1600421