Re: Asahi Linux Support - any plans?

On Fri, 5 Aug 2022 at 02:00, Diederik de Haas <didi.debian@cknow.org> wrote:
On donderdag 4 augustus 2022 14:40:14 CEST Andrew Worsley wrote:
> I am wondering if there are any plans for supporting Asahi/M1 linux in
> the debian kernels?
> At the moment there are about 173 patches from the v5.19 kernel - see
> https://paste.debian.net/1249157/

The normal course of action is to get it included in the upstream linux kernel
first and then Debian will pick it up 'automatically' at some point.
If there are kernel modules that need to be enabled, then that is something
that needs to be done on the Debian kernel side, but it would still need to be
available in the upstream kernel (first).

HTH

Thanks Diederik, so I'm guessing 173 is way too much but a lot of it might not
be critical to something running on the M1 (versus M2).

If I was to find a smaller set of say 10 patches to 5.19 that booted a usable
system would I be able to submit those patches some where for building (arm64 of course)?

Andrew