Re: Can 'testing' firmware-nonfree packages be added to bullseye-backports repo?

For what it's worth, I've done exactly that (installed the entire
suite of firmware packages from the testing repo) and as best I can
tell it has cured the problem I was having. Specifically after some
period of time of the laptop being up, the fan would speed up from
~2200RPM to ~3600RPM for no apparent reason, and stay there for hours.
If the laptop happened to be in suspend mode when this happened, I'd
return to a dead laptop since it would drain the battery. The air
coming out of the fan exhaust was not warm, and xsensors reported
fairly low temperatures for all of the internal sensors.

So, it may be worth getting the newer firmware packages into the
bullseye-backports repository after all :-)