Re: Can 'testing' firmware-nonfree packages be added to bullseye-backports repo?

On Wednesday, 20 April 2022 16:05:24 CEST Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> If it's not possible for the firmware packages to be included in the
> backports repo then I can configure my system to grab them from
> 'testing', although at that point there may not be any value in using
> the kernel packages from the backports repo... could just using the
> 'testing' kernel packages too.

The kernel from Testing could transitively pull in other packages from Testing
which may result in the best course of action being upgrading entirely to
Testing, which I guess is not what you want.
I'm quite sure that problem will not happen with firmware packages from
Testing. I can understand it's more convenient to have firmware packages in
backports too, but it should be quite safe to grab just *firmware* packages
from Testing.

HTH