Can 'testing' firmware-nonfree packages be added to bullseye-backports repo?

I'm using Bullseye but with the kernel from bullseye-backports, both
to help testing and also because it handles my Lenovo docking station
better than the 5.10 kernel does.

While trying to track down some strange suspend+CPU fan behavior, I
noticed that when the kernel initializes the i915 iGPU, it complains
that it can't find the firmware it is expecting. This is because the
kernel is in the backports repo, but the firmware packages are not.

If it's not possible for the firmware packages to be included in the
backports repo then I can configure my system to grab them from
'testing', although at that point there may not be any value in using
the kernel packages from the backports repo... could just using the
'testing' kernel packages too.