Re: Upstream source handling

On Sat, Nov 07, 2015 at 02:16:13PM +0000, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> 7. The DFSG changes are not documented in the source package
> 8. Each featureset is reduced to a single patch in the source package
>
> (7) should be easy to fix, as the history is linear, except where we
> delete part of a file.

git can generate patch files for deleted files without actually showing
the content.

>                         (8) should be easy to fix for the 'none'
> featureset as its history will also be linear.  For any other
> featuresets, reducing to a single patch may be unavoidable.

I didn't want to enfore a linear history, but if we say it will be
linear (and check that in a hook during push), we can also generate
expanded patch series.

Bastian

--
It would seem that evil retreats when forcibly confronted.
		-- Yarnek of Excalbia, "The Savage Curtain", stardate 5906.5