Re: Kernel Images for Xenomai

Hi,

thanks for interest in working on this!

On 01/15/2014 12:25 PM, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda wrote:
> I ask it to the debian kernel maintainers with the lack of
> knowledge that what it implies, because for example:
>
> - xenomai doesn't work in all architectures than debian. - it has
> patches for previous versions of the linux provided by debian. -
> who maintain it?
>
> However, I think that we can have interested people to work on
> that, and could be affordable.

One of the biggest obstacles is the release schedules of Debian and
Xenomai projects, and I can't expect either of them to follow the
other. This implies that Debian typically includes an outdated version
of Xenomai in its stable version even though I include the respective
latest Xenomai release always immediately into Debian unstable.

In addition, kernels supported by official Xenomai patches also
typically differ from the ones that Debian ships.

Since Debian synchronizes quite well now with kernel.org stable
branches, there is at least a good chance to synchronize in this
second regard.

Roland