Kernel Images for Xenomai

Dear people,

there's a project Xenomai [1] that patching the kernel source and providing a
library transform a non-realtime system as GNU/Linux into a realtime (hard)
system.

In debian, we have packaged that [2]. The user, to get the realtime must patch
the kernel, configure it build it. There are several guides to do that, for
instance [3]. However, configure a Xenomai system it's not easy, because
there's a lot of issues that the "normal" user unknown, or are too specific
for a developer that need a realtime program.

One of the Xenomai developers (Gilles Chanteperdrix) provided some linux
images, and other people (myself for example) too. However, in the xenomai
list [4], commented about the packages I asked:

> Really, it's possible to provide a Xenomai patched kernel for the 95% of the
> users/hardware?

and the Gilles answer was interesting:

> Yes. Starting with the I-pipe core patches, definitely. And if not, I
> think this is something we should work on. Because in the long run, if
> users installed pre-packaged kernels and did not have to follow the
> traditional trial-and-error process of configuring kernels for xenomai,
> we would have less questions on this subject on the mailing list.

So, what about to create a linux-image package, with a kernel packaged with
xenomai?

I ask it to the debian kernel maintainers with the lack of knowledge that what
it implies, because for example:

- xenomai doesn't work in all architectures than debian.
- it has patches for previous versions of the linux provided by debian.
- who maintain it?

However, I think that we can have interested people to work on that, and could
be affordable.

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Leopold