Re: powerpc ABI change

On Tue, 2014-05-13 at 22:11 +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 09:04:45PM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > Are you sure that powerpc is the only affected?
>
> This looks pretty much like an unstable compiler support check.  This
> script hides any output, so we have no way to see what happened:
> | ifeq ($(shell $(CONFIG_SHELL) $(srctree)/scripts/gcc-goto.sh $(CC)), y)
> |         KBUILD_CFLAGS += -DCC_HAVE_ASM_GOTO
> | endif
>
> The list of added symbols is consistent with support for jump labels and
> this support adds two fields to "struct module", so almost every symbol
> is affected.

I've worked around this for 3.14.4-1 by forcing CONFIG_JUMP_LABEL off
for powerpc/powerpc64 (where the test failed) and adding a version to
the compiler build-dependency for ppc64 (where the test passed).

Since 'asm goto' has been around for a while, I suspect that the real
failure was in linking a 64-bit executable on 32-bit powerpc.

                                                              - Albert Camus