powerpc ABI change

I tried building 3.14.3-1 on powerpc, and that failed with a large ABI
change (about 7000 out of 13000 symbols changed).

After searching for the source of the ABI change and finding no relevant
source or config changes, I tried rebuilding 3.14.2-1 with the ABI
reference files in place, and that also failed with the same changes
(minus a few that I understand and can be ignored).

Surprisingly, 3.14.2-1 was built with gcc-4.8 4.8.2-14 which is several
months out of date.  I'm now building with 4.8.2-21, which has many
backported changes related to the powerpc port (and others).

So I think that this is due to a compiler change that results in
different type definitions after preprocessing: either a header is
testing for a newly defined macro, or Kbuild is automatically using a
new compiler option which in turn affects conditions in a header.

If you can't work it out either, it should be possible to bump the ABI
version for a single architecture.  But we haven't tried that for a
while.

Sturgeon's Law: Ninety percent of everything is crap.