Re: powerpc ABI change

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 09:04:45PM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> Are you sure that powerpc is the only affected?

This looks pretty much like an unstable compiler support check.  This
script hides any output, so we have no way to see what happened:
| ifeq ($(shell $(CONFIG_SHELL) $(srctree)/scripts/gcc-goto.sh $(CC)), y)
|         KBUILD_CFLAGS += -DCC_HAVE_ASM_GOTO
| endif

The list of added symbols is consistent with support for jump labels and
this support adds two fields to "struct module", so almost every symbol
is affected.

Bastian

--
Vulcans worship peace above all.
		-- McCoy, "Return to Tomorrow", stardate 4768.3