Re: Processed: reassign 669342 to dracut

    > one could easily install in the days yaird and initramfs-tools.
    > It invovled a stupid entry in /etc/kernel-img.conf.
yaird was removed in may 2011 from the Debian archive.

    > I think it should be very easy to come up with an update-alternatives
    > solution, that prioritises the default. (Not Wheezy target but post
    > release). If you want to try out an initramfs generator you don't
    > know if it will boot, one shouldn't nuke the known working one.
IMO people will use either initramfs-tools or dracut. Therefore
there's no need to make both initramfs generators installed at
once. Fact is also that currently both use the same name for the
initrd, and that's why they should conflict on each other. I can't
understand why you don't like to add the Conflicts: to i-t.
--
regards Thomas