Re: Processed: reassign 669342 to dracut

On Mon, 2012-06-04 at 20:57 +0000, Debian Bug Tracking System wrote:
> Processing commands for control@bugs.debian.org:
>
> > # conflicting is wrong
> > reassign 669342 dracut

Why is it wrong?  They both have to use the same filenames (for
compatibility with boot loaders) and they must therefore conflict.

If you want to make them non-conflicting then we need a policy that
defines how boot loaders must find initrds made by different tools and
what they are supposed to do when they find more than one for the same
kernel version.  I just don't see the point though.

It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.