RE: Basic question on debian kernel versions

On Wed, 2012-04-18 at 06:32 -0700, Sarveshwar.Bandi@Emulex.Com wrote:
> Then, give that 6.0.0, 6.03  and 6.0.4, since uname -a output is the
> same, can I assume that kernel image is the same

No, there are new drivers and bug fixes.  Some of the bug fixes will
affect modules.

> and building driver for any of these debian version will give me the
> same driver binary?

A driver module built using an older version of linux-headers-<kversion>
should run against a newer version of linux-image-<kversion>.  But the
reverse is not generally true.  Also, there have been cases where we
have accidentally broken compatibility.

This sentence contradicts itself - no actually it doesn't.