RE: Basic question on debian kernel versions

Hi,

  I have tried installing different version of debain kernels from CDs in the archive. For ex: I tried Debian 6.0.0, 6.0.3, 6.0.4. After installation all installations show /etc/debian_version as 6.0.4 and the same output for uname –r (2.6.32-5-686). How does one differentiate which version of debian kernel is installed?

If all the version of debian installation have same value for uname –a, then will driver compiled for 6.0.0, load on 6.0.3 as is?

I am sure I am missing something basic here.

Thanks,

Sarvesh