Bug#619034: [regression] "BUG: Unable to handle kernel paging request at ffffc90013cd8000" and no sound card recognized
- To: Svante Signell <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: Paul Menzel <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Bug#619034: [regression] "BUG: Unable to handle kernel paging request at ffffc90013cd8000" and no sound card recognized
- From: Jonathan Nieder <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 04:45:39 -0600
- Message-id: <20120126104539.GC1911@burratino>
- Reply-to: Jonathan Nieder <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <20110818053745.GO31888@elie.gateway.2wire.net> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20120119012343.GA15247@burratino> <1327132720.3833.11.camel@mattotaupa> <email@example.com>
found 619034 linux-2.6/3.2.1-2
Svante Signell wrote:
> Do I need to add a comment about this at ticket 42619 too?
I've sent a patch. I'm hoping Bjorn or some other knowledgeable
person can come up with some comment to obsolete it, but in any case,
I'd be happy with as thorough testing as you can come up with for it.
Do you know anyone else with MSI boards and whether they suffer from
the same problem?
Are there other BIOS versions available for this board, and is it
possible to test them to see if they need the quirk? (Please do read
the relevant caveats before trying any BIOS updates if involved in
testing for this.)
Well, that's all I can think of. Good luck.