Bug#608343: [GeForce 5200 FX] nouveau chooses video mode not supported by screen
- To: Jonathan Nieder <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Bug#608343: [GeForce 5200 FX] nouveau chooses video mode not supported by screen
- From: Sam Morris <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 10:49:16 +0000
- Message-id: <1327574956.1954.1.camel@leela>
- Reply-to: Sam Morris <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <20120125234658.GA4280@burratino>
- References: <20101230012603.5432.66242.reportbug@shodan> <20101230071313.GI21988@mykerinos.kheops.frmug.org> <20101230134015.GA23949@radis.liafa.jussieu.fr> <1293718860.2884.6.camel@durandal> <20101230150827.GD2813@radis.liafa.jussieu.fr> <1325358726.29981.5.camel@durandal> <20111231193627.GT3104@radis.cristau.org> <20120125234658.GA4280@burratino>
On Wed, 2012-01-25 at 17:46 -0600, Jonathan Nieder wrote:
> # approximations
> found 608343 linux-2.6/3.0.0-2
> found 608343 linux-2.6/3.1.6-1
> tags 608343 + upstream
> >> On Thu, 2010-12-30 at 16:08 +0100, Julien Cristau wrote:
> >>> What resolution should it be using (1280x1024, from the EDID in the X
> >>> log)?
> I'm still curious about this.
I think that's the correct resolution
> Julien Cristau wrote:
> > On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 19:12:06 +0000, Sam Morris wrote:
> >> An update on this... the situation is the same with Linux 3.1. I also
> >> swapped out the monitor without any luck. Finally, I booted the Fedora
> >> 16 live CD and got the same 'video mode not supported' message.
> > Sounds like this should be filed upstream. Please open a bug at
> > https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=xorg&component=Driver/nouveau
> > (there's no separate component for nouveau drm afaik) and attach kernel
> > logs from a boot with drm.debug=6.
> Did you end up reporting this upstream? If so, what was the bug
Haven't got round to this yet. The computer in question is at my
parents' house so I only have access to it irregularly.
> Many thanks,
Sam Morris <email@example.com>