Bug#641749: [firstname.lastname@example.org: Re: ath3k_load_firmware: Can't change to loading configuration err]
Forwarding to the bug log.
--- Begin Message ---
- To: Jonathan Nieder <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: ath3k_load_firmware: Can't change to loading configuration err
- From: Andres Cimmarusti <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 09:59:55 -0500
- Message-id: <CAH=dYrG7hYL6-wC7MH9o_05-uhWEcTQJXo6v=DoxyZg+_skuQA@mail.gmail.com>
- In-reply-to: <20120118214315.GA12497@burratino>
- References: <20111109021346.GL3366@decadent.org.uk> <CAH=dYrEXeqHM5YmKr+Rgxf60S0hpRRiuC0=PkGkwCp8G11bYTw@mail.gmail.com> <20111126104827.GA2584@elie.hsd1.il.comcast.net> <CAH=dYrHrYEk+zWyqFiCtQQhqhuwDsjLfxmPGt9-HGZKkEiLqhw@mail.gmail.com> <CAH=dYrHO_C2v_eRpfRbbBTc_CPY+7k7MgO0jpu89HbmvvS-VJQ@mail.gmail.com> <20111205212130.GB22334@elie.area4.il.chicago.comcast.net> <CAH=dYrHtbKCh44JaZxfi1TVs_f8j+SWqz2EaSj-ZXN_jJuUjQg@mail.gmail.com> <20111224114742.GA24715@elie.Belkin> <CAH=dYrH1yW4T7Ux99YJHNTP3V6-W00dymv6r0tFWUFoeqtnsnw@mail.gmail.com> <CAH=dYrHpDUKULbpfvtYfRisY+DZvdo0VPEtFrLehQv1i_NdqYQ@mail.gmail.com> <20120118214315.GA12497@burratino>
On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 4:43 PM, Jonathan Nieder <email@example.com> wrote:
> Andres Cimmarusti wrote:
>> One of the differences between Wheezy and Squeeze in terms of, say the
>> 3.1.x, kernel is that in Squeeze I compile it with gcc 4.4.5, but in
>> wheezy this is done with gcc 4.6.x. Could there be a problem here?
> Ah, you have been compiling the kernel from source?
Yes, from the upstream vanilla source. But only for the kernels I've
been using on squeeze. When I try wheezy, I always try the default
kernel (3.1.8 as of now).
> Yes, this and the .config look like a good line of investigation. I
> would suggest installing the kernel image package from sid or
> experimental on squeeze. The only other packages from outside squeeze
> you should need in order to test it are linux-base and
I'll try to install the sid packages (There are also some packages
being prepared for backports), but I don't think the .config file is
the problem because I have always borrowed it from the linux-image
debian packages and then done some very minor edits.
--- End Message ---