Re: e1000e update for Debian 6.0 'squeeze'

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 12:59:36AM -0700, Jeff Kirsher wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-08-29 at 20:12 -0700, Ben Hutchings wrote:
[...]
> > The backports of e1000e, igb and igbvf are available in the git branch:
> >
> >     git://git.debian.org/kernel/linux-2.6.git squeeze
> >
> > The changes start after tag debian/2.6.32-35squeeze1.
> >
> > The kernel configuration files we use are at
> > <http://kernel.alioth.debian.org/config/2.6.32-33/>.
> >
> > Full source and binary packages containing these and other backported
> > drivers can now be found at:
> >
> >     http://people.debian.org/~benh/packages/
> >
> > We would appreciate any help you can provide in testing this, and any
> > advice on changes that should be added or reverted.
> >
> > Ben.
> >

> Ben,
>
> I cannot guarantee any testing resources right now, when would like
> testing to be done/completed?

We don't yet have a definite timetable, but I believe we have at least
2 weeks before we need to finalise the kernel package that will go
into the updated installer.  We can still make fixes as installable
package updates after that, but it's critical that we don't break the
installer.  You could ask me again at the point you have resources
available.

                                                              - Albert Camus