Re: lkcl interference with initramfs-tools bug handling

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> http://bugs.debian.org/636123#138
> http://bugs.debian.org/636123#159
> http://bugs.debian.org/636123#172
> http://bugs.debian.org/638896#16
> http://bugs.debian.org/638896#26

Ok. These aren't quite the smoking gun I was looking for, but they're
certainly problematic interactions. After bothering to go through
everything else, I find some continuing antagonizing interactions,
coupled with some useful reports. I'm going to restrict the user from
interacting with the BTS, but I may remove that restriction after
further discussion with the user.

As a side note, it seems to me that a large number of the issues with
conflict between maintainers and users are reported to me come the
linux-2.6 package.

Exchanges like this[1]:

    > I'd say this is fairly serious, and am not going to hang about:
    > will be moving this data onto ext3 as quickly as possible.

    And yet ext4 works fine for other people.

aren't terribly productive. It's much easier for me to deal with
problematic BTS interactions when I don't get the impression that both
sides are contributing to the problem.

Don Armstrong

1: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=636290#10
--
"There's no problem so large it can't be solved by killing the user
off, deleting their files, closing their account and reporting their