Re: Debian libata transition (bug in initramfs-tools?)

On Sun, 2010-12-12 at 04:30 +0000, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-12-11 at 20:24 -0800, Gordon Farquharson wrote:
> > Hi Ben

> > > That should work around the bug unless the system is short of RAM (less
> > > than about 64 MB).  If this can't easily be fixed in initramfs-tools
> > > then we could mention that in the release notes.
> >
> > Building with MODULES=most on the GLAN Tank does fix the problem, as
> > expected, so adding a note in the release notes for users of the GLAN
> > Tank to change MODULES=dep to MODULES=most before installing the new
> > kernel and udev packages will work nicely.
>
> We can do that if we have to, but since not everyone reads release notes
> thoroughly I would prefer to make initramfs-tools get this right.

Now that I've re-read the code, I think initramfs-tools will already
find the right hardware driver in the new kernel, and it only misses the
high-level disk driver, sd_mod.

If you still have a copy of the broken initramfs, please could you send
a list of its contents ('lsinitramfs' will provide that).