Re: Debian Kernel Group Meeting

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 10:27:28AM +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-10-23 at 11:06 +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > It is based on the pv-ops tree.
> Excellent, I think that's the right choice. If there is anything I can
> do to help please let me know.

Well, the most important thing is to help Jeremy to get the Xen tree in
shape. It still carries things that raised concerns like the APIC
support or are simply not in a shape to go everywhere like the ACPI
changes or the default config settings that build anything into the core
and not as module. It just looks like a dump for everything.

What you can also try is to get the Xen utils running on a distro
supportable kernel, aka with anything built as module. That may also
need to rename some modules, for example blkbk is no good name. To
follow the convention it should be named xen-blkback.

Bastian

--
The sight of death frightens them [Earthers].
		-- Kras the Klingon, "Friday's Child", stardate 3497.2