Re: initramfs-tools stable release 0.93.3

Scott James Remnant wrote:
[snip]
Slimming the initramfs right down to the essentials reduces the boot
time by over a second!  Paradoxically, this means that the driver can be
loaded in the real system at roughly the same time point as it would be
loaded in a bloated initramfs.
well afair the intel fast boot doesn't use initramfs in the fast path
at all

Our fast boot does use an initramfs.

This is a bit offtopic: Do you have any more info about intel fast boot? I use an intel atom board at home which supposedly has intel fast boot, but I haven't found any info on how to make use of that.

Thanks,
Philippe

Scott