Re: [stable] kernel upload to p-u

On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 10:53:50AM -0600, dann frazier wrote:
> Have you verified that this fix works in 2.6.18? It seems like its
> adding support for megaraid3s w/ specific subsystem devices, while
> 2.6.18 (and current upstream) claim megaraid3 devices w/ *any*
> subsystem ids. (Although there does appear to be code to explicitly
> not claim some cards w/ intel vendor ids).

megaraid_mbox claims PCI_VENDOR_ID_AMI and PCI_VENDOR_ID_LSI_LOGIC for
PCI_DEVICE_ID_AMI_MEGARAID3. megaraid claims PCI_VENDOR_ID_INTEL for the
same device.

The patch adds PCI_VENDOR_ID_AMI to megaraid with two specific subsystem
ids. They are not excluded in megaraid_mbox, so both claim the same
device.

Bastian

--
Sometimes a feeling is all we humans have to go on.
		-- Kirk, "A Taste of Armageddon", stardate 3193.9