Re: [stable] kernel upload to p-u

On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 11:20:35AM +0200, Luk Claes wrote:
> dann frazier wrote:
>> hey,
>>  I think we're nearly ready for a kernel upload to proposed-updates.
>> Here's the current list of changes queued for a stable upload.
>
> Can you please consider fixing #317258 again? It's only about PCI ID
> mappings that got lost while splitting the megaraid and megaraid_mbox
> drivers. At one point this bug got fixed, but it was reverted later on, no
> idea why?

Certainly. I should have access to a pile of various "NetRAID" cards
today, and hopefully one of them will demonstrate the problem.

> A lot of the Debian machines at my work use these NetRAID cards and it's
> silly to have to keep repeating that it will be fixed in some undefined
> future while the fix is small and harmless...

Have you verified that this fix works in 2.6.18? It seems like its
adding support for megaraid3s w/ specific subsystem devices, while
2.6.18 (and current upstream) claim megaraid3 devices w/ *any*
subsystem ids. (Although there does appear to be code to explicitly
not claim some cards w/ intel vendor ids).

--
dann frazier