Re: something recently got broken for 2.6.22

So nobody had responded to my problem. Probably were busy or had never seen
the issue.

But the issue was true. It happened because multipath-tools was installed on
my box even though I wasn't using it. And when multipath is available,
mkinitrd tries to include it into the initrd image (because my initrd.conf
file lists modules=most).
And kpartx has problems because of which the root device is hold busy and
thus the remount of root filesystem never is allowed.

I thought the fix was pushed upstream but that's not the case.

Anyway... If you install multipath and update your initrd and hit this
issue, keep this in mind.

Ritesh

--
If possible, Please CC me when replying. I'm not subscribed to the list.