Re: changing maintainer field

On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 12:13:19AM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Monday 04 June 2007 23:42, maximilian attems wrote:
> > > what where the args against it appart from pure inertia?
>
> Note that you'll probably lose me as someone who occasionally helps reply
> to bugs as I doubt I'll want to be subscribed to two separate kernel
> lists. I suspect this will be true for others as well.
> It will also mean that I will lose some sense of what is happening wrt the
> kernel.
>
> Are there enough people who are planning to subscribe to the "bug" list
> anyway or is it just going to further reduce the number of people that
> see and deal with kernel BRs?
>
> Cheers,
> FJP

the purpose is to build a sane discussion list to build up
again the kernel team. if you look up fedora-kernel you get
usefull info.

concerning the kernel bts 50% of the reports lack info,
30% is against outdated kernels.
the rest needs to get to upstream attention.
yes i agree that the bts needs sorting i've done it in the past
and is not fun, but that is a different issue.

the svn commits should also go to -maint.

regards

--
maks