Re: changing maintainer field

On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 12:13:19AM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Monday 04 June 2007 23:42, maximilian attems wrote:
> > > what where the args against it appart from pure inertia?

> Note that you'll probably lose me as someone who occasionally helps reply
> to bugs as I doubt I'll want to be subscribed to two separate kernel
> lists. I suspect this will be true for others as well.
> It will also mean that I will lose some sense of what is happening wrt the
> kernel.

> Are there enough people who are planning to subscribe to the "bug" list
> anyway or is it just going to further reduce the number of people that
> see and deal with kernel BRs?

Well, I would invert this; I would expect any members of the kernel team to
subscribe to the bts for the kernel packages, and currently the easiest way
to do that is by subscribing to debian-kernel, so moving the bug traffic to
-maint seems like it's just an obstacle for the maintainers to get bug
traffic they should (and want to) receive.

If nothing else, I think moving the bug traffic to a separate list is going
to give us a "split-brain" effect, since it's not uncommon for bugs to
warrant group discussion, and the group it should be discussed with is this
one, AFAIK.