Re: sarge3 kernel build & r3

Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:

> That said, currently, backports are not an easy solution because of udev,
> which cannot be taken as is without pulling in the whole gnome, so a bit of
> work is needed.
>
> Friendly,
>
> Sven Luther

What do you mean? You don't seriously mean udev depends on gnome?

Does the stable gnome conflict with the backports udev? Is that realy
a problem? It is inconvenient but if the depends are that way then it
can't be helped. As long as it works that's fine by me.

Also do you think that is an usual situation? Will it arise again for
etch? I would think this is only a short term problem till etch comes
out.

MfG
        Goswin