Re: release notes

* dann frazier (dannf@debian.org) [061115 01:47]:
> aba: Let me know if you need any help incorporating this text, and
> once its merged, let me know so that I can kill off the version in
> svn.

I know merge it to the release notes (should be visible with the next
build).

There are two changes I didn't merge:
| <arch=s390>
| [<waldi> it needs documentation about the new s390 hardware configuration]
| </arch>

This one is IMHO already part of bug #360582: s390 network.

Waldi, when can we expect updates from you on that bug?

| <arch=ia64>
|     For example, an rx1600 with a single built-in serial port plus
|     an MP has these ports:
|                                    Old             Old
|                   MMIO         (EFI console    (EFI console
|                  address        on builtin)     on MP port)      New
|                 ----------     ------------    ------------      -----
|     builtin     0xff5e0000        ttyS0           ttyS1          ttyS0
|     MP UPS      0xf8031000        ttyS1           ttyS2          ttyS1
|     MP Console  0xf8030000        ttyS2           ttyS0          ttyS2
|     MP 2        0xf8030010        ttyS3           ttyS3          ttyS3
|     MP 3        0xf8030038        ttyS4           ttyS4          ttyS4

I don't think we need this detailed level on the release notes. If we
should have more details then we have now (and I even believe now it is
already too detailed), one should create an extra document / wiki page /
whatever, and we could cross-reference.

About the open kernel-related bug reports:
| #383982: release-notes: Describe replace of kernel-image package with
| linux-image package

has happened now.

| #271315: kernel-image-2.6.8-1-sparc64: sun keyboard unusable

does this bug affect us at all now? If so, we need some more input.

| #341225: Etch: Upgrade path from devfs to udev needs documenting

This should be also done now.

| #325568: Upgrade path for udev needs documenting

This has not happened yet, and also, it seems the answer "in which order
should the upgrade happen" is related to that.

| #343892: Should document NIC naming issue with udev

This should be done now.

| #395174: linux-2.6: Dell CERC ATA100/4ch with F/W >6.61 not supported in etch

We need more info on that I think.

| #360582: s390 network
open, see above.

Cheers,