Re: [PROPOSAL] Final consensual proposal for the problematic firmware issue in the linux kernel sources.

[Manoj Srivastava]
>         Given this official statement, I also suggest that the GR
>  proposal is moot, since the proposer himself believes that the kernel
>  modules in question can not be distributed by Debian legally.

There are a few firmware files which are sourceless but explicitly
_not_ GPL - these are still covered by some or all of the GRs under
past and present consideration.

Whether this subset of firmware matters much to end users, I couldn't
say.