Re: )Request should be ignored, linux-2.6 update responsibility and new 2.6.17 plans

On Sun, Aug 20, 2006 at 11:38:29PM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 23:15:05 +0200 Sven Luther wrote:
>
> > Notice that, as usual, Frans is being incoherent. He says this now,
> > but during months and months has been lecturing the kernel team on
> > what we should do or not, dismissing the competence of the kernel
> > team in a patronizing ways.
> >
> > He also is, as usual, very willing to get other people to do work he
> > could as well do himself, but then, he would have nobody to bash
> > on ...
>
> And the above is just innocent facts, right? Not bashing too.

Notice how, he announced a new feature which was to solve the problem of
uneeded duplicate work i was having trouble doing, as all the weight of the
powerpc port was on my sole shoulders, and he copyiously bashed me for even
trying to discuss how things could get better.

The change in build method for the kernel .udebs was something i asked joeyh
about when we spoke about this issue in helsinki, last year, and joeyh said,
sure, it would be trivial to set up.

This is also a topic which i asked dannf to raise in mexico in mai, and
mentioned many times before.

And then, Frans comes in, announcing the feature, thus legitimating all what i
have been trying to discuss and what they expulsed me of d-i for, and chose to
do so without even the least hint of aknowledgement, and to make matters
worse, adds another set of bashing.

So, yes, i stand on this. When i proposed solutions to make the amount of
uneeded work for the porters less, because i was having trouble following it,
and repeteadly called for help, they bashed me and ended up expulsing me, at a
moment when i was in great turmoil over personal matters as you sure know,
which i repeat, and defy anyone to show me the contrary, is the worst social
misbheaviour ever seen in debian, at least since i joined.

But then, you know that, and you are not yourself innocent of the events that
transpired earlier this spring, and also are someone who fails to aknowledge
other people's work, and try to get all the glory for yourself, and the same
as Frans, you are unable to aknowledge when you where wrong, and unable to
have regret for those actions.

I don't think that people like that are something Debian should be proud of,
and will tell everyone about this as long as the situation stands as it is.