Re: )Request should be ignored, linux-2.6 update responsibility and new 2.6.17 plans

On Sun, Aug 20, 2006 at 03:40:07PM -0400, Filipus Klutiero wrote:
> Filipus Klutiero a écrit :
>
> >Hi,
> >3 days ago Frederik Schueler mentioned the following item for then's
> >today in his Kernel schedule proposal for Etch:
> >
> >>start migration of 2.6.17 kernel and udebs to testing
> >>

> >I asked him on #d-kernel precisely what was being done about this but
> >got no answer. I didn't see anything happen and currently linux-2.6 is
> >still frozen. Today I saw a linux-2.6.16 upload, which I found
> >suspicious since I can't see its use if 2.6.17 is about to transition
> >to testing.
>
> About 24 hours ago I talked with fjp on #d-boot about this, and I

Notice that, as usual, Frans is being incoherent. He says this now, but during
months and months has been lecturing the kernel team on what we should do or
not, dismissing the competence of the kernel team in a patronizing ways.

He also is, as usual, very willing to get other people to do work he could as
well do himself, but then, he would have nobody to bash on ...